Sunday, July 30, 2006

My thoughts (part 1): Where're the kids at?

Not having a job this summer has allotted quite a bit of time watching daytime trash TV, searching the internet (almost desperately) for employment, and occasionally taking some time to pretend that I can write. Seeing as how uneventful my past couple of months have been, I have had very little to blog about. What you are about to read are some of the thoughts and ideas which have come my way...

During the average summer I try to get outside every day for a 4-5 mile run. Due to some lingering ankle injuries I have been ordered to stop. I still get out and walk for an hour or two to simply get out of the house and get a bit of exercise. On one of my latest excursions I have noticed that there are absolutely no kids anywhere. Back when I was a boy, I remember being outside all the time! Riding bikes, hide-n-seek, swimming and expanding my entrepreneurial endeavors with Kool-Aid stands were more than enough activity to fill up an entire summer vacation. With the recent temperatures well into the upper 90s or higher on a regular basis, what better chance is there to milk the dehydrated of their hard earned pocket change than by pushing cold, brightly colored, overly sugared beverages in front of their overheated faces? I would pay top dollar for a glass of Rockin' Raspberry Kool-Aid Mad ScienTwists as a break from my sweaty stroll! Given that the Kool-Aid business is none too profitable, it is enough to get some fresh air into the lungs, have a few laughs with your friends and earn a little extra moolah to get some sweet additions for your sticker books.

Kids, you are missing out on a valuable childhood experience. Your time is running short. You're not going to be cute forever. Sitting on the curb in your teens (or older) with your pitcher of temperaturial sanctuary is going to be embarrassing and even less profitable than it already is. So get your little behinds outside 'cause I WANT SOME DAMN KOOL-AID!

No comments:

Post a Comment